CIoL – Diploma in Translation
The Diploma in Translation, from the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIoL) in UK, is a postgraduate level qualification intended for working translators and for those who, having reached a high level of linguistic competence, wish to embark on a career in professional translation. It is available to candidates with a level equivalent to a good university degree in one or more modern languages.
The diploma tests the ability of candidates to translate from a source language into the mother tongue (target language) to a professional standard and their awareness of the professional activity of translation. Candidates are required to have an appropriate level of writing skills in their target language. The passages set for translation will be of a standard of difficulty that translators would expect to meet in their daily work. The trainees should expect to encounter semi-specialized texts of different domains; namely Technology, Business, Literature, Science, Social science, and Law.
As an IoLET and CIoL partner, we at ProCloud Training Center, provide you with intensive training program that qualify you to embark on a career in professional translation, by practicing translation mechanisms, techniques, methods, tools and resources. Group work is a highly important part of the course, as it helps merge experiences and knowledge of trainees.
The hands-on course will include theoretical and practical sessions on how to convey the message accurately, appropriately, authentically, acceptably, and provide extra information if necessary.
You will be trained on how to:
· plan the translation process and follow the correct steps of translating a text in all phases
· decode and analyze the source text
· gather background information and understand the cultural context of the source
· build your own glossary, terminology and references for the domain understudy
· look up alternative terms in target language or improvise them by explaining the source expression in clear, comprehensible, and accurate words
· be immune to any new sentence structure you might encounter
· be confident enough to take action on the misleading or challenging parts in the text
· check to see that the text functions as a coherent whole
· ensure that the target text reads like an authentic piece
You will also be well prepared to pass the international examinations, and attain an internationally-recognized credential in translation.
Register now using the form at the end of this page, and we will get back to you!
!– Facebook Pixel Code –>
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 3
- Duration One months
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self